"Servitas in cultu et cultus per servitatem"
Worship in Service and Service through Worship

Monday, December 3, 2012

A tall yarn

Those who know my beloved Gail also know that I live in a house of yarn!  I needed a knitting needle this morning for a job on the aquarium pump (don't ask). In Gail's absence I searched for said object. Wow! Even I was amazed at how knitting yarn has taken over our home. Save for the bathrooms and kitchen (although there may be stuff stored there too - well, you don't look for a knitting needle in those places do you?), there was an avalanche of yarn everywhere and countless in-progress projects. It's as well yarn doesn't weigh much as I would live in fear of subsidence! 

Oh, the needle? I didn't find a single one that was not in use on the aforesaid projects. 

No doubt I'll be in big trouble on her return, especially when she shows me where she keeps her stock (although that might not happen if she finds out what I wanted one for)!

She will also, I know, comment on how, as a Verger, I have an eye for detail, but unless it involves my computer, books or tools, I am blind to things around the home. Fair comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment